Position: Social Media Coordinator
Starting date: Immediately
Salary: Volunteer (Unpaid)
No of Opening: 1
Reports to: Director of Online Ministries
Responsible for daily posts/tweets to all applicable social media outlets. Other duties include coordinating the marketing calendar with online activity, tracking social media influence measurements, partnering with other areas of the ministry to ensure proper online messaging and relevance, ensuring consistency of messages across multiple networks, submitting reports to ministry leaders on usage statistics, and continuous monitoring and coverage of all sites.
Duties can include but are not limited to:
- Create and maintain a social networking posting schedule that includes but not limited to, New and previous website articles, humor, job openings, fundraising requests, quotes.
- Monitor fan/follower comments and respond appropriately.
- Submit a monthly stats report, including but not limited to # of new fans/followers, # of engagements, # of conversions to the website.
- Continuing education on social media strategies
- Being available in the rotation for Live Coach to be available to guys when needed.
- Be a man of prayer and scriptural discipline. Daily time in the word (the Bible) and prayer is essential to keep ones self focused on God.
- Be logging into the site/social network on a regular basis (daily, every other day) to check in, and monitor the progress of the network.
- Be continually educating yourself in social networking and Christian living through training by various means (podcast, webcast, webinar, or self-directed web-based training or any other method used)
- Be men of integrity and to have no outside contact with the fans/followers unless first obtaining pre-authorization form from the administration of the site. This would include but not be limited to person to person email, Instant messaging, or face to face meetings. If there is an emergency the volunteer is expected to contact the appropriate authorities as well as the administration of the site since contact originated at christianguys.org.
Skills and Abilities
- Strong project management or organisational skills
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms and their respective participants (Facebook, Digg, Youtube, Twitter, Flickr etc.) and how they can be deployed in different scenarios
- Ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and verbal format, and build and maintain relationships
- Good technical understanding and can pick up new tools quickly
This position would be a great volunteer spot for someone looking into a career in Social Media or IT.