Terms of Service
Christianguys.org Terms of Service, Site Rules and Conditions
Registration to this site is free! Registration only takes a few seconds of your time. We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed below. If you agree to the Terms of Service which include our Site Rules as listed below, please check the ‘I agree’ checkbox and press the ‘Register’ button below. If you are under 15 years old, you need to provide parental consent. If you would like to cancel the registration, hit your back button.
Although the administrators and moderators of Christianguys.org will attempt to keep all objectionable messages and content off this site, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither Christianguys.org, nor Christian Guys Ministries (the owner of Christianguys.org) will be held responsible for the content of any message or for any loss suffered from the use of this site or its services. Guests and members use this site at their own risk.
Christianguys.org is a non-denominational, on-line Christian community, which freely welcomes all people, regardless of creed or country to participate in fellowship through its unique medium.
We, the Christianguys.org community, extend to all members the hospitality of open, free discussion and interaction through the site. We expect all members to extend the right hand of fellowship to all other members, always posting in good faith, seeking first to understand before being understood, being slow to take offense, being quick with grace and forgiveness in the desire to maintain the fellowship of open discussion.
This is a Christian community, founded by Christians to that end the Christian members of Christianguys.org are expected to reflect the light and love of God in all they do and say; all members are always expected to treat each other, as they themselves would expect to be treated.
By becoming a member of this site, you agree to follow the rules of this site. These rules apply to all communications made on this site. These rules apply to all members of this site, including members of Christianguys.org Staff. If you do not follow these rules, your posts may be edited or deleted. Continued rule breaking may result in a suspension or ban. If you are younger than 15, your parent or guardian must provide written consent for you to become a member of this site.
- Respect one another.
- In order for Christianguys.org to pursue the goal of keeping Christians as one body united in and by God, while at the same time acknowledging that we also have members from other faiths and worldviews, it is important that we treat one another with respect, whether we agree with others’ beliefs and stances on certain subjects or not. Hurtful behaviors and words are wrong and reflect poorly on the Gospel message.
- The names or titles of God, including Jesus Christ and the Persons of the Trinity (Father, Son, or Holy Spirit), in any language, are not to be used as expletives or interjections or in an abusive, mocking, or insulting way.
- Sharing of information about one’s beliefs, for instance by quoting Bible verses or witnessing, is encouraged. Mockery of Christians, Christian’s beliefs, and the Christian God is not.
- No Flaming
- Members should not insult another member with a personal attack. Such behavior would include personally defamatory comments or inflammatory accusations, even if they are believed to be true. Categorically stating that somebody is destined for hell is also considered to be flaming. This does not mean that criticizing another person’s beliefs is the same as flaming. For instance, saying an idea is non-biblical is not the same as saying that a member is non-Christian or follows non-biblical beliefs. As a general rule, when in doubt, assume good faith on the part of the other poster.
- No Harassment of Other Members
- A member should not go out of their way to make another member’s Christianguys.org experience miserable.
- No Defamation of Other Members
- You shall not make posts about other members that are not true. This includes slander of another member or misrepresentations about another person’s faith. If a post is found or shown to be untrue, it should be retracted with apology.
- No Violating Copyright Laws
- You will not make posts that violate the copyrights of others. In general, this means that any quoted portion of any work must not exceed 20% of the total work. In the specific case of materials owned by the Associated Press, members shall not quote more than one sentence of the work and provide a link to the work.
- Accusations of Rules Violations Prohibited
- You will not accuse other members of violating these Rules in the discussion sites. Please use the report feature instead.
- No Off-Topic
- You will not ‘de-rail’ or ‘hijack’ threads by making posts unrelated to the original post or other posts in the thread. You will not create threads unrelated to the topic of a site or subsite.
- Follow the law and the basics of Netiquette
- Christianguys.org is registered in the USA. Therefore the whole site abides by the US laws. We don’t allow posts promoting behaviors or actions which are against US laws. Please also follow the basics of good netiquette.
- Spamming will not be tolerated. It is defined as any messages anywhere on this site that are primarily for the promotion or advertising of any website, email address, business, MLM (Multi Level Marketing or pyramid schemes), activity, church, ministry, prophetic services or any other entities or services from which the member will receive any financial or pecuniary gain. This prohibition includes begging or soliciting donations or financial support (charitable or otherwise, for any reason) anywhere on the site including in e-mails, posts, and PMs.
- No Obscene, Vulgar, Racist, Sexually Explicit, or Illegal Posts and Links
- No Discussion of Moderator Actions
- You should not discuss actions taken by moderators. This does not mean that you cannot report actions taken by moderators. To report actions taken by moderators you may email email@example.com.
- Discussions of Staff Actions Prohibited
- You will not discuss Staff actions in the open sites. You may discuss Staff actions by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, the action will be reviewed but will outcome or resolution will not be discussed back to the end user or submitter.
- No Bypassing Suspension or Ban
- You shall not bypass a suspension or a ban by creating a new account. If you would like to discuss the suspension or ban please feel free to email@example.com and he will be happy to discuss the issue that lead to the suspension or ban and see what options would be available.
- Limitation of Liability
- Christian Guys Ministries (the owner of Christianguys.org) does not employ certified counselors and, as such, any advice that is provided on the site by staff, moderators or other members or guest is provided with the intent of “friend helping friend”. Advice or help is given based on our own individual experiences.
- Members that are licensed/certified counselors, mental health professionals, medical doctors are encouraged to have open dialogue with other guest on the site but are not allowed to provide information in a professional capacity.
- Visitors to our site are encouraged to seek professional help from licensed/certified counselors.
- Articles and content of any kind on this site is meant as a resource to consider, not to be used in the place of formal marriage and family counseling.
- CHRISTIAN GUYS MINISTRIES (THE OWNER OF CHRISTIANGUYS.ORG) WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR INJURY THAT ACCOMPANY OR RESULT FROM YOUR USE OF ANY OF ITS SITE. THESE INCLUDE (BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO) DAMAGES OR INJURY CAUSED BY ANY: USE OF (OR INABILITY TO USE) THE SITE; USE OF (OR INABILITY TO USE) ANY SITE TO WHICH YOU HYPERLINK FROM OUR SITE; FAILURE OF OUR SITE TO PERFORM IN THE MANNER YOU EXPECTED OR DESIRED; ERROR ON OUR SITE OMISSION ON OUR SITE; INTERRUPTION OF AVAILABILITY OF OUR SITE ; DEFECT ON OUR SITE; DELAY IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION OF OUR SITE; COMPUTER VIRUS OR LINE FAILURE.
- PLEASE NOTE THAT WE ARE NOT LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES, INCLUDING: DAMAGES INTENDED TO COMPENSATE SOMEONE DIRECTLY FOR A LOSS OR INJURY DAMAGES REASONABLY EXPECTED TO RESULT FROM A LOSS OR INJURY (KNOWN IN LEGAL TERMS AS “CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES.”)OTHER MISCELLANEOUS DAMAGES AND EXPENSES RESULTING DIRECTLY FROM A LOSS OR INJURY (KNOWN IN LEGAL TERMS AS “INCIDENTAL DAMAGES.”) WE ARE NOT LIABLE EVEN IF WE’VE BEEN NEGLIGENT OR IF OUR AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES OR BOTH.
EXCEPTION: CERTAIN STATE LAWS MAY NOT ALLOW US TO LIMIT OR EXCLUDE LIABILITY FOR THESE “INCIDENTAL” OR “CONSEQUENTIAL” DAMAGES. IF YOU LIVE IN ONE OF THOSE STATES, THE ABOVE LIMITATION OBVIOUSLY WOULD NOT APPLY WHICH WOULD MEAN THAT YOU MIGHT HAVE THE RIGHT TO RECOVER THESE TYPES OF DAMAGES.
HOWEVER, IN ANY EVENT, OUR LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL LOSSES, DAMAGES, INJURIES, AND CLAIMS OF ANY AND EVERY KIND (WHETHER THE DAMAGES ARE CLAIMED UNDER THE TERMS OF A CONTRACT, OR CLAIMED TO BE CAUSED BY NEGLIGENCE OR OTHER WRONGFUL CONDUCT, OR THEY’RE CLAIMED UNDER ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY) WILL NOT BE GREATER THAN THE AMOUNT YOU PAID IF ANYTHING TO ACCESS OUR SITE.