Position: Area Director
Number of Open Positions: Multiple per State
Starting date: Immediately
Reports to: State Director
Salary: Missionary (Raised Funds)
Purpose: To provide leadership to the Christian Guys Ministries Areas through recruiting, training, supporting and supervising Community Directors, and Coaches. Area Directors are responsible for Area Growth, Retention and Service goals. They utilize leadership experience, interpersonal skills, organizational skills, public speaking skills and written/verbal communication skills in order to accomplish this purpose and to support the vision of Christian Guys Ministries.
Scope: The Area Director interacts with assigned Community Directors in order to provide training and support which facilitates the growth of healthy groups and leaders. He is accountable to the State Director for meeting the needs of assigned Christian Guys group leadership.
- Read and be responsible for knowing the content of all Christian Guys Handbooks provided by Christian Guys Ministries, christianguys.org, and other materials or emails sent from Christian Guys Ministries.
- Expected attendance at Christian Guys Ministries Training Events within or near his Area.
- Assist with any Christian Guys Ministries events in his Area.
- Work in cooperation with the Community Outreach Coordinator to assist individuals or ministries interested in starting a Christian Guys group or donating to Christian Guys.
- Submit goals annually and complete a year-end Evaluation and Commitment Renewal for Christian Guys Ministries.
- Retention and Growth of Area groups
- Responsible for managing and leading Area teams to accomplish specific Area goals of group growth, retention, service, and volunteer leadership development and retention
- Recruitment of Area team
- Identify and recruit Community Directors, Outreach Strategists and Event Planners. Refer recommended candidates to State Director for follow-up.
- Responsible for overseeing Community Director recruiting efforts
- Management and Tracking of Area team:
- Submit a quarterly time log for Field Leaders in the Area to the State Director.
- Manage the budget within his Area. Submit monthly expense reports when the Field Leaders seek reimbursement.
- Training and Support of Area team
- Oversee ongoing training to all Field Leaders assigned to Area, including training for new Field Leaders and annual training for the Area. Conduct annual evaluation and goal-setting for direct reports. Manage the annual evaluation and goal-setting process for each team member.
- Communicate the Christian Guys Ministries vision and provide updates, news, and opportunities to all Field Leaders in Area.
- Ensure attendance of Area team at training events at least once per year
- Ensure Community Directors carry out new and ongoing Community training
- Make regular contact with direct reports, both as a group and individually, making sure team members are motivated to support the purpose and vision of Christian Guys Ministries.
Primary Strengths and Abilities:
- High level of integrity and confidentiality
- Professional demeanor in dress, behavior, attitude and loyalty to Christian Guys Ministries
- Ability to organize, prioritize and fulfill responsibilities in a timely manner
- An effective communicator with strong verbal and written skills
- Good public relations and telephone skills
- A team player with the ability to take initiative, unite a team, set and achieve goals and anticipate needs.
- Must have in-home access to Internet
- Self-motivated with ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Strong desire to apply their unique gifts and experience to their volunteer work for a Christian, nonprofit organization
- Able to sign Christian Guys Ministries Statement of Faith, Ministry Values and Statement of Volunteer